Leading The Way With LEED®.
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) has established the LEED Canada Initiative,
which demonstrates a commitment to building sustainability. This applies to LEED NC
(New Construction), LEED CI (Commercial Interiors), LEED CS (Core and Shell) and LEED EB
The benefits of the LEED certification program are more energy efficient new and existing
buildings, better trained building operators and enhanced environmental comforts. All
while reducing the carbon footprint.
CFMS-West understands the LEED process and we provide the building commissioning services that
apply to this initiative: LEED New Construction (NC), Commercial Interiors (CI) and Core
and Shell (CS) LEED Existing Buildings (EB).
LEED New Construction (NC) /
Commercial Interiors (CI) /
Core and Shell (CS)
- Assistance with the preparation and review of the contract documents from a quality control perspective.
- Preparation of the commissioning plan.
- Review of contractors’ submittals of energy-related systems from a quality control perspective (where applicable).
- Review of system installation, contractors’ completed start up test forms and TAB measurements.
- Testing of each sequence of operation during the appropriate season under design conditions.
- Ensuring that building operators are fully trained and have received complete documentation.
- Preparation of the re-commissioning manual (where applicable).
- Where required, creation of a plan for IAQ concerns, completion of quality control deficiencies, occupant complaints and warranty repairs.
LEED Existing Buildings (EB)
- Development of a re-commissioning plan.
- Conducting an investigation of the building’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Documentation of operating problems and concerns affecting the occupants’ comfort and the building’s energy usage.
®LEED is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council